Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thoughts from Sandy

A severe weather warning has been issued for a better part of the Northeast. Apparently, a devastating storm--Hurricane Sandy--is going to hit hard.

10/26/12
In history class, Mr. D briefly talked about the chance of no school on Monday, and of course a few kids asked why that was. He responded "Hurricane Sandy" and the whole class started laughing. Sandy? I'm so scared.


10/27/12
I expected it to be terribly overcast, but there was a portion of the day when the sun was out and shining. Of course, I did have my shiny new toy to distract me from the looming clouds... Although in the morning it was really really nice outside. I hope our power doesn't go out, because everyone is saying Sandy will knock it out.


10/28/12
Now there is no school on Monday or Tuesday. It's pretty cloudy outside, but Sandy is supposed to hit tonight.

10/29/12
If I wasn't aware that there was a hurricane, I'd think that it was just a really rainy day. Wait--as I'm writing this, the wind is picking up. Apparently TONIGHT Sandy is going to hit. Didn't they say that last night though?
Time has passed, and it's really really windy.


10/30/12
Since I know how worried you were, you'll be relieved to know that I wasn't hit hard by the storm. The power didn't even go out (which is very surprising considering the usual quality of our energy provider). Obviously, I hope that New Jersey's beaches-which I flock to each summer-and their inhabitants recover quickly.


With regards to the b/w photographs, they were each taken within a few moments of each other, so if you put them side by side you'll notice the bamboo moving quite drastically.


No comments:

Post a Comment