Tuesday, November 27, 2012

the 20's of november


On Wednesday (November 21), after arriving to the apartment after a long car ride, we were soon greeted with a beautiful sunset. It didn't look how an industrialized, post-steel city should look, but it was nature-ful nonetheless.


And then, on Thanksgiving day, we woke up to SUNSUNSUNSUN.


I've never been the biggest fan of Thanksgiving food, even though the holiday itself is one of my favorites. The turkey seems to be dry, I don't like patatoes or gravy, and I never get to eat any pie.


My favorite aspect of Thanksgiving is the history of it. When I was in grade school, I wrote an extensive story on Native Americans living in the 16th century, becuase I wanted their (in my mind) glamarous lifestyle of living in the woods, wading in rivers, and venturing into the wild. Thanksgiving--eating the harvest in the forest--was part of this awing lifestyle, I guess.


Two days later, on Saturday, there was snow. I took a walk through the snow, drove through the snow, and stared at the snow. J'aime quand il neige.

Pittsburgh; Thanksgiving, 2012

1 comment:

  1. These photos are absolutely beautiful! I think the last one's my favorite. I also went to Pittsburgh last week, and it's such a cool place.

    ReplyDelete