Sunday, July 29, 2012

BIG Sur



These tree roots remind me of the crazy trees in The Wizard of Oz. Now that I think about it, a lot of things in California remind me of the arts...Carmel/Hansel, Lobos/Seuss, Pfeiffer/Oz


Here we have Pfeiffer Beach. I'm so glad we went here early in the morning (while the fog was still blocking the sun), because without the fog, it's just a beach with big rocks. The fog adds an element of fantasy, mystery, and beauty.




Many miles later, we took a small hike in a forest. I don't remember the name of the forest, but I do remember a special bird we [cleverly] named Bluebird. Bluebird likes to be fed almonds.


This is the end of the nature-y parts of the trip. Boo-hoo.

Stay tuned next week to find out where Phase 8 will take us. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment