Wednesday, May 23, 2012

philadelphia [part 3]


Today I bring you: Philadelphia.


My Uncle lives in University City, which is, while outside of the main city, still a very 'happening' place.


The first night, we met up with relatives and spent a good hour in Barnes & Noble. Beforehand we went to a delicious Chinese restaurant with terrible lighting. Pictured above is The Hobbit.


Pretty moon.


I love walking around UniCity, with the ever-present skyscrapers in the background. I hadn't been here since Summer, so it was particularly crowded with college students. Cosi had a line, Gelato-place had a line...there were people everywhere!



We got tickets to the [Rocky] Art Museum, for there was a Van Gogh exhibit on display. Since I've been to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, this exhibit was particularly underwhelming due to its small selection of art. And the whole atmosphere was just...bad.

I absolutely loved the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. I easily could have spent all day there, but I only had an hour due to bad timing. :[




Feels like foreeevvver ago. Just less than two months, actually, so...

My next adventure is in CALIFORNIA! Last year I traveled across Europe...so this summer is going to be a slight demotion. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment