Friday, February 24, 2012

One Serving of Delicious Shrimp

Before reading this, please read this blog post by the wonderful Marion. And then, read my recipe. But please read the post--it might be my favorite blog post I've ever read. Reminds me of a 'Katniss Everdeen/John Green novel' collaboration for whatever reason. READ IT.

Ici est le recipe.
Ingredients
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp Dried Garlic Powder
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
8 Raw Shrimp
TBSP Butter
TSP Olive Oil

Directions
Add shrimp, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and olive oil in a bowl together. Mix until the shrimp is coated in the mixture of herbs and delight. For better taste, let shrimp marinate in the mixture for as long as you desire. (Just make sure the shrimp doesn't become rotten.)

In a skillet, melt butter. Once melted and the pan is heated, add the shrimp--make sure they don't overlap! Cook shrimp 1-2 minutes per side, just until cooked through. Empty shrimp onto a plate, and put some of that buttery sauce on top for extra flavor.

Enjoy!

---------------------

This was supposed to be more of a Smitten Kitchen type entry, but due to the fact that I am lacking a camera and not wanting to write more than the necessary, this is what you get.

I like making little meals that are a) relatively healthy and b) don't require recipes. I stirred this up just a few minutes ago, and definitely recommend it to anyone who loves shrimp.

I'm gonna go now. Nostalgia is settling in--I used to have, like, 6 different food blogs where I did this each day. xD


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicicous
    I don't see a blogost though only the recipe and comment
    Am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete