Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BOOKS

I'm definitely not the fastest reader, and I have gone for weeks without reading a book, but I do enjoy reading. Especially when the books good.

Dystopian is the new Vampire. You've probably heard this recently, due to the fact that a) Dystopian has always been the best and b) The Hunger Games movie is coming out in two weeks. But for the general public, this is true. I just love dystopian novels so much. They're addicting, usually fantastically written (although now that it's becoming more popular this might go away), and have great plots.


I'm currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth, which is fantastic! I'm not even a hundred pages in, (and I've been reading it for 5 days now....) but it's amazing. If only I had a longer reading attention span.

But then...school happens. It seems like whenever I'm reading an actually good book, we are assigned a novel for English class. In this case, later this week I will be getting the play 12 Angry Men to read. This is why I read a lot in summer. Also, as far as I'm concerned, 12 Angry Men seems like a scary play--and I get scared easily.



But I'd definitely recommend checking out Divergent and other books on my favorite books Goodreads list. I will be sure to read some more dystopian novels soon.


These pictures are from the quiantest book store (considering I usually go to Barnes and Nobel) I've been to. Not sure what street it's on, but it's across from Columbia University in New York City. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! The store near Columbia U is actually onBroadway! I took a class in school and we read dystia and utopia Some of my favorite dystopia are animal farm, lord of the flies, 1984, brave new world and lost horizon though I think that is more utopian maybe. It is also a great old movie!
    I'm very familiar with 12 angry men! That is impressive that you are reading it now. A friend of mine teaches at a law school a course called law and literature.
    They always rea 12 angry men! It is not scary at all. Basically it's about the inner workings of a jury and howeoples opinions can be made and changed or not changed. It was also a movie which I've seen several times. It is all in the jury after the trial. Very thought provoking but nothing scary! If you love dystopia you would probably enjoy the old tv show the twilight zone some are better than others but many are dystopian in nature
    I got a facebookost from a cousin who just read the hunger games
    She can't wait to see the movie now and neither can I!
    Well that's probably it for now
    Happy reading!! And thanks for your recommendations !

    ReplyDelete